To improve the IT literacy among children
To give opportunities to enhance the English knowledge of the children
- Select a place and students
- Call applications from the students
- Select suitable lecturers who are residents in the area
- Design the Course content and the text books
- Find donors to start the project
- Organized the project
The 1st IT Centre
Started on 20.04.2008 - At Rathana Arama Temple, Polhengoda for the children who are residents of the area and the students of the Sunday school, age between 6-16. Only one batch of 20 children, were able to complete the course and presently not functioning due to the conflicts occurred in the premises between the temple and the villages.
The 2nd IT Centre
Started on 16.05.2009 - At Sri Paramavishuddaramaya Temple, Katuwawala for the children who are residents of the area and the students of the Sunday school, age between 6-16. Currently 51 students (3 batches each 17 students) benefit from the centre. 2 batches follow the Beginners course and 1 batch follows the Advance Course. This is a 4months course. Two batches were able to complete this course successfully.
The 3rd IT Centre
At Pannipitiya, Depanama, Sri Devadara Daham Pasala - for the children who are residents of the area and the students of the Sunday School, age between 6 - 16. This will be started in the month of September 2010.
- Bosath Children's Education Foundation
- Local donors
- Administration done by Children's Upliftment Program (CUP) Organization